Rerun: The Best of Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 16th 2006
Published: May 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, Sunday has come, and the thought of giving up the room already feels like a small defeat. We still do have some time left in town before flying back to Bangkok, which we want to spend to meet some gastronomical goals. Kay is longing for steamed chicken feet and I simply need another cup of masala tea. And there you have the day's itinerary in one sentence; Chinatown and Little India, unsurprisingly, some of our absolute favourite places to be. Kay's desire to seek out new experiences brings us around the block in Chinatown searching for more cantonese restaurants until finally ending up at the Tak Po after all, and the chicken feet (and my char siew buns) are just as excellent today as well.

After lunch we head over to Little India again, taking a slightly different route around the area. Everything gravitates to Serangoon Road, and we are soon back there again. We have a quick papadum snack with outstanding masala tea before returning to Chinatown again to pick up our bags. The transfer to the airport is smooth and uneventful. Fellow Budget Terminal travellers may want to make a note of the shuttle bus service which departs from the MRT station at Changi Airport. You will find it by following inconspicuous yellow signs starting at the escalators from the platform, and then you will be guided through a labyrinth of twisting corridors to a bus garage.

There's not a whole lot more to add about our stay in Singapore, I think it turned out a lot better than I had anticipated, and we still missed a lot of the sights on the agenda. On my return I will definitely want to hang around more in the peaceful Kampung Glam, and needelss to stay Little India, Boat Quay and Chinatown are must dos. Apart from missing out on the zoo the only thing I really feel I want to do is take a longer harbour cruise and go crazy watching all those vessels hanging around just beyond the port. You have now been officially warned that the next Singapore blog may well be an excess in "Spot the container vessel"...


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

A nosy Javan Mynah (Acricotheres javanicus)A nosy Javan Mynah (Acricotheres javanicus)
A nosy Javan Mynah (Acricotheres javanicus)

These fellows will escort you through much of Singapore


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb