Setting off on our European adventure


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 26th 2010
Published: September 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Eliza's ChateauEliza's ChateauEliza's Chateau

Just visiting my little "bach"!

Departure...


We set off on 15th August for an overnight stopover in Singapore. We were lucky not to have any essential items (sunscreen and icecream topping) confiscated as David thought he would get around the regulations by carrying liquids and gels in the poachers' pockets of his Goretex jacket instead of his backpack! "They're not in my hand luggage"!! He was quite miffed when he had to leave the Customs Hall and pay 20 cents for a plastic bag meeting the specifications.

Packed quite a lot in to our day in Singapore - hotel 'fitness centre' (really an oversized cupboard!), a swim, sightseeing, including a “bumboat” ride along the river, shopping, traipsing around to find places remembered from previous visits, and bartering at a night market. It was hot and humid and the hotel kindly gave us access to the swimming pool area to shower and change before leaving for the airport. Unfortunately it was an ice-cold shower !!

Eliza inspected her Singapore property 😊.

Our flight to Copenhagen left after midnight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

New CasinoNew Casino
New Casino

Losers take lift to the top and walk the plank! Big winners are pushed off the right hand side!


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb