Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 7th 2009
Published: December 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 26 - Wed 4.11.09 - SINGAPORE



We were gonna go for a day of snorkelling, but when we woke up it was raining so decided to head down to Singapore instead. Got boat back to mainland and then small minibus down to Singapore. Staying at EMPIRE HOSTEL near Little India. Went for some dinner at a local food court, then for beers, but every single bar looked the same from the outside - unable to see inside - and every one was a karaoke bar! All locals again and no tourists! Really friendly locals though who bought us beers till late...quite drunk!



Day 27 - Thurs 5.11.09



Got up this morning and went to a street cafe and had egg pancake and curry sauce for breakfast...very random! Also had a pretty torrential rain storm! Changed hostel to nearer the city centre, in China Town. Place called FERN LOFT HOSTEL. Had a walk around and to Raffles Hotel. Didnt see any public bars like everyone back home had mentioned so just walked into the main hotel, quickly got ushered out again! Then we walked around the corner and saw all the public Raffles area of bars and shops! Evening wonder around china town, dinner, couple of beers and bed.



Day 28 - Fri 6.11.09



Moved to THE INN CROWD HOSTEL, possibly the best hostel i've found so far (up to day 50), free breakfast up till 12noon, with egg as well as toast, free tours around city, free internet, and the cheapest beers in the city! Went to the Singapore night zoo in the evening. Pretty cool. Even though most of the locals said not to go as the animals would be asleep, i think we saw most of them and whilst being awake too. Walked through this bat enclosure with big bats flying an inch away from your head!


Day 29 - Sat 7.11.09



Walked around city and to Orchard road, the main shopping street, a bit like Oxford street in london but with a big 5 lane one way road in the middle! They already had all their xmas decorations up too! Chilled for rest of the day.



Day 30 - Sun 8.11.09



Walked to Clarkes Quay, posh quayside area of river. Beers till late with a few people at the hostel. Bed.



Day 31 - Mon 9.11.09



Got bus to the airport in afternoon. Me and Maz going our seperate ways even though she's also going to Oz for a week, as she has to cram a lot into her week and i was gonna take it slightly slower. Said bye to Maz, got plane at 9pm.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb