Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 17th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we weren’t in Singapore for long - 2 days but we had a really great time. It is a really nice city and out of everywhere so far is probably the one place that we thought would be pretty cool to live in (although we won’t - don’t worry mum!)

It was so easy (and cheap) to get from the airport to the hotel, we took the MRT and there was a stop only 5 mins away from the hotel. We took a walk to the shops, Singapore has to be the Mall capital of the world, I don’t think I have seen so many shopping centres in the one place! We ended up going to an Art Museum, which was pretty good but I really don’t get Modern Art - one of them was a black canvas with one black brush stroke - what’s that all about! Ended up going to see 500 Days of Summer at the cinema at night and grabbing some dinner.

The one whole day we had we decided to do the Hippo tour (open top double decker - like the one in London that the ladies and I did for our 30th)
Singapore 003Singapore 003Singapore 003

Modern Art - this sculture doubles as a fish bowl!
to see as much of the city as we could. Saw pretty much everything on the two routes and jumped off a few times to see some things up close. Singapore is split into quarters (kinda like Paris) so it was cool to see the Indian and Chinese quarters. They all seem to be celebrating different festivals at the moment so the streets were well decorated. We had a great tour guide who not only told us about the history of the city but also a lot of his thoughts on life - pretty interesting guy to listen to and seemed to like Scots - after asking us a bit about ourselves and what we were up to he thought he would announce our upcoming wedding to the entire bus and request an applause - just a wee bit embarrassing!

We also saw the Singapore Grand Prix tracks which is a section of the road that they basically cordon off for it so they were in the process of removing all the barriers etc. If only we had been here a bit earlier we could have cheered Jenson on!

It was a late flight to Brisbane so we
Singapore 007Singapore 007Singapore 007

More modern Art.
had some time to kill on the last day and checked out the shopping malls and the park. Late flights are a killer when you have to spend all day out and about and its really hot and you can get a shower before flying - thank goodness we don have too many of those!



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Singapore 018Singapore 018
Singapore 018

Recognise this from Batman Returns!
Singapore 022Singapore 022
Singapore 022

Indian quarter.
Singapore 036Singapore 036
Singapore 036

Raffles Hotel - famous for the very first Singapore Sling cocktail.
Singapore 089Singapore 089
Singapore 089

Mr Raffle himself.
Singapore 092Singapore 092
Singapore 092

Part of the road used for the Grand Prix.


18th October 2009

clean
Hi you two, pictures are still great the one thing about these asian countries is how clean all the streets are they should get all the ones on the brew and get them to clean up our place it would put us to shame. Anyway time is flying in and its hard to believe we are half way through october already. Bye for now love mum XXX

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb