Almost home again.


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Clarke QuayClarke QuayClarke Quay

Fellow bikers mentioned this place so we thought we'd visit and were glad we did!

Wednesday 22nd April



The Link Hotel was a welcome bit of luxury after Hanoi. The room was small but elegantly appointed and we sank into the comfortable bed about 3am with relief.

We were ready for the free hotel shuttle the next morning at the scheduled time of 9.50am but had to wait impatiently another 20 minutes for it to arrive. It stopped in Orchard Road before depositing us at Clarke Quay.

After appreciating the beauty of this area we caught the MRT to the Mustafa Centre where we bought a few last minute purchases but time runs out quickly and we only just managed to get back to the hotel in time to shower and pack our luggage in time to check out at 2pm. (Thank you Link Hotel for the late check out!)

It was quite hot as we walked back to the MRT, stopping to buy some food and drinks on the way. We had an uneventful trip to Changi airport but when we got there we both had a "Seniors' Moment", walking the long distance to the bus to the Budget Terminal. As we arrived at the Budget Terminal, Judy suddenly thought
The Merchants of SingaoreThe Merchants of SingaoreThe Merchants of Singaore

This si part of a cluster of 9 human figures representing a family of merchants at Clarke Quay. Created in 2007 by Michele Righetti the figures are futuristically stylised to emphasise the nation's fast and steady growth.
and reminded Rags that we hadn't arrived here on Jetstar so we checked and sure enough we were supposed to be at Terminal 1! Luckily we hadn't got off the bus and still had plenty of time so back we went to Terminal 2 where we had to catch the Skytrain to Terminal 1! These airports are so huge, more like air complexes.

We arrived home in Perth about 11pm but it took us an hour and a quarter to collect our luggage and get through quarantine who were being very thorough with our flight and the one that landed just before ours from Hong Kong.

Thanks Mum for being there to pick us up and sorry you had such a long wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



23rd April 2009

Great holiday
What a holiday. I like the idea of walks and bike rides interspersed with other forms of transport. The cheap beer sounded like quite a drawcard. Singapore has certainly changed for the better since I was there last. Look forward to seeing you up north for the Gibb River adventure. Love Kerry.
24th April 2009

Singapore
What a shame all your photos have been lost. I hope you still have them on your Memory Card !! Did you go to Mustafas' in Little India ? I don't know if there is more than one Mustafas.
24th April 2009

Photos
Hi Mum, the photos are all back. I hadn't deleted the folders with the exported ones in for the travelblog and of course I always have the originals!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb