A land of shopping and eating


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 26th 2009
Published: February 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are currently in Singapore. We are now at Chiangi airport waiting for our flight to Perth. Singapore has a great airport and as a result there are free internet terminals all over the place. Heathrow could learn a lot from here! When we arrived on Tuesday it only took us about 15 minutes from landing to get off the plane, clear immigration and get our bags back.

We spent all of yesterday walking about and exploring. As this was our 4th visit to Singapore we did not have loads of 'must sees'. We started by visiting a Hindu temple before heading to Clarke Quay and then along the river. This is quite a colonial area and there are some great buildings. It is also the CBD so there are some massive skyscrappers.

Whilst we were walking about we could not help but notice that there are massive shopping centres everywhere. They all have hundreds of shops and are on lots of levels. I was suprised how many British shops there were - Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and Miss Selfridge to name a few. The shops don't open until quite late (11:30am) but then they are open until at least 9 or 10. We did not make it to Orchard Road which is the big shopping area! All these shopping centres have massive food courts which all seemed to be packed. They seem like a great set up. There are counters all round the edge selling different types of food (they seem to special in one type of thing such as noodle soups etc). There is also a drinks one and sometimes a fruit one. You can then go to which ever one you like, get the food and take it to the middle to eat. Not only was it good but also very cheap.

Got to dash now, my flight is being called!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Raffles hotelRaffles hotel
Raffles hotel

Unfortunately we weren't staying here


26th February 2009

Curry?
Did you manage to get a curry in Little India?
27th February 2009

No curry but lots of Chinese food
We didn't eat a curry in Little India, maybe next time.... We did eat plenty of Chinese food though

Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb