Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 28th 2008
Published: December 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

High Tech ParkHigh Tech ParkHigh Tech Park

They even have escalators in the parks!
Hi Everyone, sorry it has been a little while since our last update.

After leaving Vietnam we headed to Singapore for a few days. Singapore was very different to the other Asian countries we have experienced. The city was so clean and modern and the prices there were definately a shock compared to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam! A bottle of beer cost us 8 pounds in Singapore (compared to a pound for a large bottle elsewhere in SE Asia!), so we stayed pretty sober the few days we were there!

The two main pastimes in Singapore seemed to be eating and shopping so we were quite in our element! Walking round their modern shopping centres, that even had a Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and Zara (but sadly no Primark), we almost felt like we were at home walking round Bluewater and the food courts in the centres were huge, with different types of food from all over the world.

We stopped by the famous Raffles Hotel for an authentic Singapore Sling which was probably the most expensive cocktails we've ever bought but it was good fun to sit in the busy bar throwing peanut shells on the floor, although a bit touristy, but what the hell! We spent our last day at Sentosa Island, which is almost like a big theme park, where we sped down a hill on a luge (kind of like a sledge/go-kart) which was brilliant fun, and took in some views of the city from the the tallest viewing tower in Singapore (James' fear of heights got the better of him though and he chickened out at the last minute!)

After this it was goodbye to Asia (just when we'd finally got the hang of using chopsticks!) and off to Australia!........




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb