Finally the Final SE Asia one!!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 30th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

ok so i've finally managed to get my ass in gear and write the final part of the se asia adventure! then i can get on to some aussie stuff! hope everyones all gd back home, i'm up in the north east corner of oz, where its pissin rainin, fingers crossed mr sun will come back to join me tomorrow!!

the last part of the asia trip left me with a day to explore KL, which i managed to pretty much cover most of the main sights! in the one day i managed to squeeze in a trip up the former tallest builds, though its pretty gay u dont get to go up to the top only the sky bridge in between the petronas towers. its pretty cool as its all free and they give ya a free 3D show at the start to, though they do try to sell ya that petronas is the greastest company that ever was!! then we got up to the KL tower, which is a big coms tower up on a hill its no way as tall as the petronas towers but as its on the hill the observation deck is pretty much level with the twin towers! AND its the 3rd tallest communications tower in the world, impressive or what!!! you get a great view of the city and they have binoculars all around the deck which i'm not sure wot the official purpose is for but they were great for checking out the roof top pools!!! whilst me and drew were there we also did the zip line from the tower! lol that makes it sound way more impressive than it was like it was from the top or something but it was basically from near the bottom but was still pretty gd crack!! we managed to fit in all this with lunch down at the china town, where for pennies we got a plate of rice, what ever crazy things from the buffet we wanted and about 57% chance of the squits!! we took these odds and won and its was all pretty nice food too. if that wasnt enough for one day we still had time for some shopping in the old market for a few presents and after that we were pretty much done!!

after the whistle stop tour of KL i caught a bus to singapore the next day which was with out doubt the best bus i have ever been on, ever!! for 15 squid for the 5 hour journey i got my own lazy-boy style recliner chair, enough leg room that i couldnt even reach the seat in front of me with my legs stretched and my own personal tv with a selection of films and programs to choose from, including transformers, with speakers built in the seat!!!! i dont think i have ever been so comfortable!!!

arriving in singapore started the most random times i've had so far. i arrived pretty late and couldnt get a taxi for love nor money, i managed to get a american dude gettin out of one to help hail me one down. which ended up takin me about 2 mins round the corner to the hostel. the hostel was pretty crazy, really clean and new but was full of non english speakin asian people. which sucked, so next day i spent the day looking round the city, starting by checking out the fake beach island of sentosa island. the place was pretty surreal as it was like how disney world would make a beach with everything just right and well laid out. but the veiw had nothing on the thai beaches due to singapore being the busiest port in the the world, all you can see was huge container ships. after i'd spent the day wandering around i went and got some food at the hawker stalls in the little india. i ended up having one the best currys i've ever had for about 3 quid, it included roti bread, rice, mutton curry and the awesome condensed milk coffee! feelin pretty satisfied i thought i'd head on back to the hostel when i walked past a backpacker bar and thought lets go have a beer theres not much more else to do. ordering a beer i almost choked on the first mouthful after finding out it cost me 5 quid!! i then got chattin to an old ozzy dude sat at the bar who ended up tellin me some pretty crazy stories to put it one way, but he kept buying me beer so i was more than happy to listen! the next day feeling pretty hungover from the numerous beers the oz dude brought me i booked in to the hostel attached to the bar as there seemed to be more going than the other hostel. whilst waiting for my room the american dude who helped me with the taxi walks through the bar! apparently he was still lookin for an appartment after startin his job in the bank and was stayin at the hostel! that night he took me out and introduced to some people he knew, one being a fickin hedgefund manger who then preceded to buy me more drinks! all in all singapore was a gd time, the place its self is weird its not like the rest of asia as its clean but its a weird mix of america, england and aisa. that night was my last night in asia before i flew to emmas in perth!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb