Perth!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
June 19th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

u can see i've been pretty slack with this, the last one i just posted i wrote mostly in cairns and that was a month ago and i'm now in samoa! i hope it made sense cos i didnt read it through from when i wrote it ages ago! hope everyone back home is gd. i'm gunna do some bullet points for bit to try and catch up a bit.

- i stayed in perth a month at emma and chucks place (my sistrer). there place is pretty sweet and they'd kindly redecorated the room i was staying in ready for my arrival!

- i picked up a new board after a couple days, emma and chuck let me use the car most days so i spent a fair amount of time driving the 15 min drive to the beach and surfing.

- Mark, chucks stepdad, managed to sort me out some work experience with the WA fisheries dept. i spent some time on there research vessel doing trawls, went down to a place called bunbury and spent a day on commercial crab boat scribing for one the technicans and attemping not to puke my guts up. also spent 2 days in a place called mandura where i helped place and pull crab pots, measure the crabs and attempt to take photos of the dolphins, also a couple of days in the labs at then head office dissecting scallops. manged to fit a fair amount in and make some contacts there which was awesome!

- Mark also took me diving at the weekends, he sorted all the gear out and even paid for the pizza after. it was really cool of him as i was able to get 3 dives done, and saw some cool stuff like small port jackson sharks, octopus and puffer fish! mark really helped my out when i was there which was proper cool!

- i met alot of future family during my stay which usually met lots of nice food. it was proper cool to have have some western food again!

- gotta love how every english footy game is shown over seas, i watched a lot of the final part of the season as it was on a such gd times with perth being only 7 hours ahead. though saints tried there hardest to give me heart attack on the last day, its funny how they still manage to give u grief even though ur on the otherside of the world!

- i'd hoped to see a fair amount of WA whilst i was there, i wasnt able to get up to the north where theres a really cool reef as the buses run very infrequent as no one lives up there! i was able to head south though to a place called margret river where i spent the weekend surfing. i met an irish guy, derek, whilst there who i was able to catch up with back in perth for some drinks!

- i actually ended up being pretty busy and when i wasnt doing all this i was exploring perth city and the beaches. it was cool to be in one place for little while after being on the road in asia. sorry its been a bit of a list and prob not quite as interesting, its my fault for getting so behind!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb