Rita


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 22nd 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Holy smokes - this thing looks mean. I'm obviously very concerned. Judy seems reasonably calm, and she does have our good friends the Weavers and the Bullocks very nearby to help as necessary... But, I'm still worried.

Looks like mid-day Thursday Houston time will be the deciding point for most residents of The Woodlands (Where we live - 45 miles north of Houston.) to stay or go. Judy tells me that some in The Woodlands have gone, and many are playing a wait and see game.

Many thanks to Pearce and Rick for your help!

Pouring down rain here on Thursday afternoon. Came back to the room for my umbrella. Back out shortly.

Just wanted to post and let you guys know that Judy is on top of things and has very able help in deciding what to do and how to make the best of it.

More info soon, I'm sure.

-g



Advertisement



22nd September 2005

No wonder she's calm... She has Beanie Weanies!
24th September 2005

Woodlands
Hi, Appears Rita has spared The Woodlands from the really bad stuff. Kudos to Judy and her outstanding ability to handle these situations. Knowing that Pearce, his wife and family were there for support and help made me feel so much better. I will now accept the fact that NC beat Illinois! I am sure the Bullock family must be equally as nice. Take care and get some rest in Bangkok! Love DAD
24th September 2005

Anti-climatic
I actually slept through Rita. She proved to be a non-event (thank goodness). The highlight of the storm was watching a mother squirrel scamper down a tree to rescue her baby that fell from her nest. She rolled her "hamster size" youngster into a ball, placed her gingerly in her mouth, and ran back up the tree. Sigh. . .all was right again in the world. As for your travels, I've lost track of your whereabouts, but am thinking you've left Singapore by now. Will anxiously await stories and pictures from that part of your journey. Stay safe and enjoy!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb