Final Full Day in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The humidity in Singapore is killing my passport. After more than 5 full days in Japan and enjoying the very mild weather there, the humidity is killing me too. This morning I took a 10 minute walk to a mall at 8am to get a couple small items and I was already dripping. Then, we went to At-Sunrice, a culinary school, and took a 20 minute walk around their spice garden, and you can't imagine how much I sweat. We then went indoors to an air conditioned kitchen and shot some food demonstrations, and after tasting everything, which was quite good, we went on to an Herbal restaurant, where you can have your palm read and the proper food prescribed. Doris was our hostess there, and she took very good care of us and brought us tons of food. The best was the prawns, eggplant, and dessert, which was cooked sweet potatoes that were then covered in hot melted sugar, which you then pulled apart making a spidery web mess and put in cold ice water to create a hard sugary shell before eating. Since the weather is much clearer today, we took another Bum Boat ride to see the skyline and Merlion and riverside. Then, from 4-6pm we took a break at the hotel to rest a bit because it is like 88 degrees out with 75% humidity so it feels like it is 102 (according to weather.com). It really feels more like a moist 110. Went for another nice swim and I realized that part of the pool juts out from the building entirely, so that on 3 sides you have glass walls, and then beneath the floor of the pool it drops 5 stories to the ground. Not where I'd want to be in an earthquake. For dinner we went to the east coast of Singapore to meet up with an Indian family who was having a BBQ near the shore. They were cooking all sorts of stuff, but we didn't sample too much because we had dinner reservations at a seafood restaurant as well. Red House was the restaurant, and we had crab, prawns, bok choi, and teriyaki cod fish. Back to the hotel and to bed, because today is our last day in Singapore. We leave early tomorrow morning.

Advertisement



2nd April 2007

Eating like your MOM
I fear if you keep up this eating you will longer be stylish...you'll have to wear one of those sumo diapers. It does sound like a great job. Stay away from those earth quakes.

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb