Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 18th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After wandering the huge shopping centre that is Bangkok airport we were on the plane (Fire exit seats - Oh Yeah!) and faster than you can watch four episodes of friends we were in Singapore. A quick subway into town and we were in our hostel - Goodbye to the pains of Asia. After checking in we were upgraded to a twin room (Yes upgrades happen in hostels too). To celebrate we did what we generally do - Headed for an Indian.

Luckily we were staying pretty much on the fringes of Little India. As it was Chinese New Year Holidays there were literally thousands of Indians wandering the streets and for a while we forgot we were in Sinagpore and thought we were in Bangalore. We had a delicious dinner in one of the street corner restaraunts. After that we took in a movie at one of the giant shopping centres in the city. Sadly (Luckily) as it was Chinese New Years none of the shops were really open while we were in Singapore so the credit cards were put back in the wallets.

The next day we were up early and visited the amazing National Museum of
Little IndiaLittle IndiaLittle India

Insanely Busy
Singapore. You are bascially given a headset and screen (See embarrassing picture) and walk around as it tells you what you are looking at (Coolest museum we have been in). We spent the morning there and then grabbed some lunch. We were enroute to one of the city parks when the heavens opened and it rained like we hadn't seen in a long time (Roll on rainy season). We took shelter outside the YMCA of all places but after an hour realised that the rain was not going to ease off. So we made a break for the subway (A dangerous thing in flip flops) and got soaked but at least we were undercover.

We headed for a shopping centre on Orchard road but as I said all the shops were closed. Thankfully after a few hours the rain died down and we made a bee line for the Singapore River area. There we saw the Supreme Court, City Hall and the famous Padang green area as well as the statue of the city founder Sir Stamford Raffles. There was a Chinese market along the river up to the amazing Esplande buildings. More rain drove us to shelter in
Lets Go Guys!Lets Go Guys!Lets Go Guys!

National Museum Of Singapore (Looking Good...)
the shopping centres as we made our way back to the hostel past the famous Raffles hotel. After dinner that night we packed and dried off.

Next stop Kuala Lumpar...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Look Its RainingLook Its Raining
Look Its Raining

The Novelty Quickly Wore Off


30th March 2007

That gettup is more embarrassing than my space boot......Oh My God and what happened your ears??

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb