Arrived in Singapore!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Singapore! So, we arrived safe and sound but only with the clothes on our back and the small number of items we carried on the plane with us, as they lost not one, but both of our backpacks. As of this morning here, we have been told they found one of them (Laura's) and it will forwarded to us in Kuching, Borneo tomorrow. I never thought we would need the baggage description sheet that Laura worked so meticulously at creating thanks to her colleague Martina, but it was essential last night during the wee hours of the morning when we were asked to describe our bags.

So, it has been a little bit hectic since we arrived, and a little disconcerting that our main backpack (mine) may not ever arrive, which contains all of my clothes and many of the items that we thought we might need during our trip. That said, we still remind ourselves that we are in the less than 1% of the population in the world that can afford to travel around thw world for pleasure and our thankful that we just both arrived safely and sound; the rest will sort itself out and if not, we'll just buy stuff as we need to along the way.

Our first night was at a pretty posh hotel compared to what we will be staying in the rest of the way no doubt. It is called the Golden Landmark in Singapore. Joyce and Mike arrived earlier than us and thankfully were able to arrange for our accomodations. Our flight to Kuching is in the early evening today and we have to walk only a couple of blocks from our hotel to catch the express bus to Johor Bahru where we're meeting up with friends of Joyce's for lunch and likely some shopping and touring.

We arrive in Kuching without accomodations but in talking to the locals on the plane, it seems like that won't be a problem. There's lots to do out of Kuching so looking forward to some day trips out of there, until our backpacks arrive and then we'll likely be doing some overnighters in one of the many national parks they have there (such as Bako).

Finally, if you have heard of anyone that doesn't have access to our blog, if you could forward them these instructions on how they can find our blog, that would be greatly appreciated:

Go to www.travelblog.org à Click Bloggers tab à Click T à Click Ta à Scroll down to Tarzan and Jane - LR and JR. I tried to add everyone’s e-mail address from the team, but it seemed to get blocked for a lot of people. Once you locate our blog you should be able to add yourself to receive an e-mail everytime we update our blog.

Talk to everyone soon!

Love,

Jon and Laura


Advertisement



21st January 2007

OH MY GOD!!!
IT WORKED I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WORKED!!! I am sad that your bags were lost dudes but I am equally as jealous that you got to use the "backpack identifier brochure". I should patten that thing. I could make millions. Good luck. Keep writing.
23rd January 2007

Hi, Glad you got there o.k. Sorry to hear about the backpack. Hopefully you have it by now. We went to Phoenix. It snowed, rained and it was cold so we head back to El Centro. Will possibly take a day trip up to Phoenix for the show. Could not find acc. that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Very expensive there. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. Mom
23rd January 2007

Hey
Hey guys. Glad to hear that things are going well...for the most part. Did you feel the affects of the earthquake this weekend? Shane

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb