joyce blogs


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

hi all

we have arrived!!! today is day one on 3 hours of non rem sleep. it will take a day or two to adjust but i am in paradise so i guess i will have to suck it up!

i have some advice for long stretch travel periods. wear comfy clothing ie, yoga wear, sandals and have some great music!!!! i have never been so comfy after 29hrs of airplanes, airports. etc. i really need to relax at home the way i relax here. i strolled through the minneapolis airport with my john mayer, and the killers just a hummming away. it was bliss. i love my alone time. i will need to learn to do that at home for sure.

i arrived in the utopic changi airport, in singapore with a smiling mike waiting for me. for those of you that dont know, mike and i took different flights and john and laura were on another flight. it was like the amazing race! we met j and l only to find they were missing their luggage!! ironic how the most organized of this motley crue had the only mishap.

we found a nice little hotel in little india. mike and i are roomates and it took a whopping 20minutes to see him in the buff. well now that thats over with we can move on.

we walked out of the hotel to hit a wall of humidity. my hair instantly frizzed and i am glad not to carry a mirror. mike found this little stall and we had the best little roti chanai with mutton and egg dipped in curry sauce. it was only 4 dollars sing. and no we didnt take pictures. later we will.

i forgot how the asians like to shop and there is so much of it here i actually got a little dizzy. the crowds are hairy!!!!!!!!! we have enjoyed rambutans, these hairy little fruit and there is just not enough time in the day to eat...... and mike found starbucks. what more can we ask for?

have you ever been in a herd? well we were crossing the singapore/malaysia border . we had no idea but to follow the locals, like sheep. we made it over and now laura and i are resting in an a/c spa while the boys are exploring the great city of johu barhru. or whatever.

this has already been a whirlwind of a day and i have not thought of home till now. later

joyce

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb