And we are off!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 24th 2022
Published: September 26th 2022
Edit Blog Post

After years of waiting for the ability to travel again, and counting down the days and hours, we have started our journey back to one of our most favourite spots. Indonesia. Leaving Vancouver and boarding Singapore Air for a 16 hour flight (longest we have ever done) on Saturday, we arrived in Singapore Sunday afternoon. The flight was easy, comfortable and went fairly quickly. We wandered the airport to get our bearings and then realized our bodies were thinking it was 1 am BC time. We looked for a place to settle as the hotels at the airport were booked, and found a meditation room. A couple others had the same idea, so instant hostel type sleeping set up. It was surprisingly comfortable and we rested off an on until 0530 Singapore time. Then off to the lounge for a shower and breakfast, and settled in again... to wait. Our flight to Bali leaves this afternoon but that's ok with us. We are starting to get into vacay mode. Only a few random thoughts of work for me and realizing I don't need to be at work for weeks is such a privilege.

The airport in Singapore is extremely clean and well laid out. There is a constant buzz of travellers at all hours of the day. Even while eating our 1230am wonton soup and dumplings, it was busy and people everywhere. The shops are beautiful and high-end brands and there is a free butterfly world, cactus garden and movie theatre to partake in, should the mood strike you. We have been too tired but on the way home will have more time and may wonder to a few of these spots. The air here has a mugginess to it and it feels tropical. The slightly overcast sky reminds me we are heading into fall, yet the palm tress confuse my Canadian brain that associates this with heat and warmth and sun. I don't mind this juxtaposition at all mind you!

It's now Nap Time. Until next time be safe and take care.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



26th September 2022

Thanks
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip. On our side, I'm off on Wednesday to Nida, Lithuania, a very small but beautiful village on the Baltic sea, for 5 days. going there for a meeting of euroArt, a European association, I'm involved in. Then, on October 11th, Sylvie and I, are going to Tuscany, Italy, for a short holiday. All the pictures will be on FB. Enjoy your trip ! Love from France, Eric & Sylvie
29th September 2022

safe travels!
Sounds amazing. Can't wait to see and hear more. Safe travels to you and Sylvie. Hugs from us!
26th September 2022

Let the adventure begin!!
So glad to hear you made it safely on your first leg of the trip! Xxxxx
29th September 2022

Thanks Sister!
:)

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb