Sanur Night Market


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
September 28th 2022
Published: September 29th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Sanur Night Market.

All I can say is amazing!! Well, that’s not all I can say, but it’s a good intro. Loved this experience. Authentic, busy but not crazy, and the food was incredible. And cheap. We enjoyed a large portion of satay, peanut sauce, rice, amazing fried chicken, Bintang, water, 10 pieces of a variety of deserts freshly made, and some version of grilled toast with Nutella and vanilla, and I kid you not, it came to the grand total of $10 Canadian dollars. Total. For both of us.

There were a lot of locals and some tourists, and tables you just sit at with anyone who may be there. Friendly people helping us understand what sauces were on the table to enhance the flavour and smiling at our tourist way of being, in a kind and amused way. I enjoyed watching groups together sharing a meal, as well as those who were on their own, stopping in to eat before heading home or to work. People just make room for you. There is no competition for the next table or ownership of space, all was available to those there and room was made for those who needed it. It was a feeling of community without expectation. Talk or not. Sit or stand. Take out or stay. It was all okay. This is the type of market we have been looking for. Away from the hotels and resorts, and local. If you can make here, you should.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



29th September 2022

Love this!
Leanne, I love your description of this market. I can feel how it resonated with you and I can imagine being in the gentle, welcoming, easy community atmosphere. "Community without expectation" - love this turn of phrase! The food sounds delicious and diverse. 100% on my wish list now for sure.....
29th September 2022

Thank you!
Thanks Faye. I thought of you when I was describing it and can't wait to share this with you in the future! Thank you for being part of my community without expectation at home :) xo
1st October 2022

Wow! The food sounds amazing and the experience unforgettable!!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb