Gardens By The Bay


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 3rd 2022
Published: June 28th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Located by the Marina Bay Waterfront in the heart of Singapore, Gardens by the Bay is a sanctuary for nature lovers and budding horticulturalists alike.

Comprising three distinct spaces over 101 hectares–Bay South Garden, Bay East Garden and Bay Central Garden–this oasis of lush greenery has won multiple accolades since it first opened in 2012.




Three waterfront gardens that define Singapore as the world’s premier tropical garden city, Gardens by the Bay is a national and international exemple of sustainable practice.



Manmade Supertrees within the gardens are aesthetically pleasing and environmentally sustainable. The imposing, 25 to 50-metre-high structures contain approximately 160,000 plants, with 11 out of 18 Supertrees containing environmentally sustainable features, such as inbuilt tanks which lead directly into the cooling of the domes. Seven Supertrees have photovoltaic cells on their canopies to harvest solar energy, whilst three serve as air exhaust receptacles and one is a flue for the co-gen system.

In addition to the vivid designs, visitors are able to view the gardens from 22 metres above ground via an aerial walkway between two Supertrees, incorporating light, colour and sound shows as a result of implanted photovoltaic cells within
seven Supertrees which provide solar energy, showcased in an evening show called Garden Rhapsody




http://www.heygo.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement






Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb