Day 60


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Zoo
July 17th 2015
Published: July 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Michelle got her Singapore wish as we went for breakfast with the orangutans at the zoo.

After a 45 minute bus ride to the zoo, you have a buffet style brekky and they drop the branch so the monkeys can get from their enclosure to the breakfast area.

You don't get to hold them, but can get up close for photos. It's not for me, but Michelle enjoyed it.

We then had a few hours strolling around the famous zoo and saw the white polar bear, the white rhinoceros, the white tigers and the white zebras with black stripes.

It is fairly disappointing as most animals are sheltering from the heat of the day.

Returning back after lunch, we head over the bridge to discover the man made Garden of Trees.

The area was created in 2012 and covers about 100 hectares.

We get soaking wet as rain showers are on and off all afternoon.

The skywalk was shut due to the rain, so we walk around the bases of the supertree grove as there are about a dozen to see. They are a fantastic spectacle and light up at night adding another dimension to the area.

With a national holiday today, it seems like half of Malaysia is here and everywhere is packed busy.

Making it a long weekend, we are hoping it dies down a bit tomorrow.

We end up sheltering in the Marina Bay shopping centre, to avoid the rain and the crowds.

These shopping centres are a design feature in their own right and are great to explore the architecture more so than the shops.

Due to the inclement weather, we postpone our plans to go up the top of the Marina building and are hoping for a nice night tomorrow.

It was then more street food for tea and watch a bit of the free music, before heading in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb