Singaporeans are really really nice


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island
September 12th 2011
Published: September 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tiger  BeerTiger  BeerTiger Beer

Drink slowly, it costs a bomb
Flight was pretty good - Nic was over it with 3 hours to go and vowed never to fly this far again. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will convince her its worth a day or two of plane boredom.

Got from Changi Airport to our hotel with the help of about 3 locals who didnt even wait to be asked, just offered advice or help. One guy even
- showed us how to get our S$1 refund fo train ticket
- walked us to the bus stop
- found the right bus for us
- got ON the bus with us
- got off the bus at our stop, then jumped on his own bus and disappeared
For a while there I thought we were going to need an extra bed i our room!

Ate out at Clarke Quay, where the Chinese Autumn festival was in full colorful bloom. Had Brazilian Tapas which were pretty good, although I found the only downside to Singapore ... the drinks are outrageously expensive. For example, 14-16 dollars for a beer (converts to about 11-13 aussie dollars).

Next day was mainly spent on Sentosa Island, lots to do including an exhilerating Cable Car ride to the island; Luge; Silosa Beach (water was so warm, couldnt resist a dip); Candyworld; monorail.

Afterwards we hit the Singapore shops but to be honest they were disappointing. The markets at Bugis were sleazy (very Paddys Market style but with 1 metre wide passages) and the big shopping centre was just another shopping centre athough it WAS 8 stories high.

Singapore - friendly people, clean to the point of extremeness, lots of high rises and expensive booze.

Biggest mystery is so many restaurants but nearly everyone is skinny??? Anyway ... next stop Roma and Italia!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb