Beachy Business from a Small Island


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island » Siloso Beach
July 22nd 2007
Published: July 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

In conjunction with the National Day celebrations, the author is pleased to present places of interest within his home country, Singapore, based on his recent encounters



21st July 2007 ~ My Sentosa Diary before the IR


12pm ~ The rain itself did not dampen our spirits this afternoon as we managed to secure a parking space beneath the Beach Station while waiting for the rain to stop. Prior to that, we took a beach tram to reece our picnic grounds at Siloso Beach.


12.10pm ~ It was time to fuel ourselves with some nasi lemak courtesy of Golden Shoe Car Park before the strenuous activities in the afternoon.


12.50pm ~ In the meantime, while waiting for the last bit of rain to clear, we kept ourselves busy with the chua dai di much to the dismay of some passerbys. This was some form of “warming up” before the IR opens its doors officially on the island.


2.30pm ~ Entertaining ourselves with Frisbee at Siloso beach as soon as the skies clear. Have to admit, we were pretty good at it I supposed.


5.00pm ~ Time for a bath. Was “impressed” that along the entire stretch, there were only 3 miserable bathing stations. Tom lamented that like all “civic minded” Singaporeans, it was time for us to hit the papers like TODAY and express our “concerns”.


6.00pm ~ Dinner at Seah Im Food Centre for my favourite lor mee and avocado juice stalls. Shiok!


7.00pm ~ Ended the day with blueberry juice @ Pacfic Coffee. The only place at Vivocity where we could find empty tables to chill.


Joke for the day: Being knowledgeable seems to be a crime today. It was time to act stupid.


After thoughts: I wonder how the itinerary could change once the IR opens its doors. One thing for sure, I would definitely see lesser tourists walking up and down the beach taking pictures aimlessly. The Casino & Universal Studios should keep them occupied for a long time. Until then, they should steer away from Sentosa for now.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



28th July 2007

hey hey, i like the part about "joke of the day" but i suppose the joke of the day has got to be how a group of supposedly jovial, loud and outspoken people would clam up suddenly in the company of new acquaintance. "Olam" should pay me money for word-of-mouth advertising.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb