Day 12 - Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
September 22nd 2015
Published: October 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We had planned to have breakfast in Marina Bay Sands, but looks like this was destined not to happen. We had to leave the hotel before 9.00am to stand a reasonable chance of enjoying this. But when we got up at 7.00am and looked out of the window, it was raining really heavily. This did not stop till about 8.30am. We really do love tropical rain.

We then decided we would head to Marina Bay Sands anyway and perhaps catch a coffee in their sky restaurant. Unfortunately, we got the metro stops confused and ended up a couple of miles away. We were unable to work out how to get back using the metro, so decided to walk instead. This took us through the gardens by the bay which was really interesting.

We eventually arrived at Marina Bay Sands, hot and tired at about 11.00. It is a huge place and we struggled to find our way around. We eventually found a food court so were able to grab a drink and a bite to eat.

We had been told before our visit about the Helix Bridge which is made of steel and glass. It is a really unusual looking structure. Glad we managed to include this within todays visit.

We have other attractions that we want to see within this area, but too many for today, so will come back on Thursday when we have tickets for the Singapore Flyer.

We are loving the local area of Little India. Feeling a bit braver tonight, we had a really good wander around. Eventually we were persuaded into a little local restaurant. It only had 8 tables of 4, and when someone got up to go, they replaced them with new diners.

We ordered a set chicken dish and a couple of sodas. The dinner turned up on aluminium trays covered in banana leafs. We think they realised we would not use our hands, so gave us a spoon and fork each as well.

The food was well cooked and very spicy. One of these would have been enough for both of us, but we tried a little of everything that was on the tray.

The price of tonight’s meal was half of what we paid last night. We will have to be brave again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



16th October 2015

Great blog ! I love your way of writing . Will be back very soon for more fascinating pics and stories .
16th October 2015

Great blog ! I love your way of writing . Will be back very soon for more fascinating pics and stories .

Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb