Day 27: Singapore colonial core, botanical gardens and night safari


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Orchard Road
January 5th 2013
Published: January 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So today we pretty much covered the whole of Singapore, we started with a trip to the legendary Raffles Hotel and then spent the morning exploring the 'colonial core' and sights along Marina Bay. We then hopped on the MRT up to the Botanical gardens to explore the National Orchid gardens (the orchid is the national flower of Singapore). The orchid species here were beautiful and the setting of the garden makes you forget you're in the city. I was really looking forward to seeing the hybrid orchids specifically commemorating Will's & Kate's trip earlier this year. Unfortunately these orchids were not on display 😞 We ended our day with the night safari - a separate park to the main zoo, which you can either walk or get a tram ride around. These 'nocturnal' animals (although coerced out by food) were more 'active' than what you normally see at the day zoo. The Malay Tapir was my favourite, do they sell them in Pets at Home?

Baileys bit:

Lots of walking today (we were out for close to 14 hours) but well worth it for the sights! Enjoyed seeing raffles and a bit of the old town, unfortunately a lot of the old buildings were receiving an uplift. The gardens were huge and diverse, we did get lost a couple of times! The night safari was good, the part that entertained me most was when we went into the fruit bats enclosure and Cat was stuck to me like a scared child.

Daily mileage: 0 I overslept and when I did wake up my legs felt like lead. Promised myself to go out for a bit longer tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



9th January 2013

Amazing
So so good to hear from you both, it looks and sounds like you are having a ball and I am enjoying the history lessons!, why were they not this interesting at school????, the best HNY message I have ever had, thank you. Hope all goes well for the next part of your trip but please take care. Received your post card to-day its on the fridge along with the map. All good here, you are not missing anything at all let me assure you of that, love and miss you so very much Love as always Mum & Scott xx

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb