Singapore Summer days -1


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
May 12th 2014
Published: May 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mustafa Mall, Night Safari & Jurong Bird Park



When we, a team of eight wanderers from India, landed at Changi Airport in the early morning hours, there were signs of the overnight rainfall but it was not raining and the climate was pleasant when we came out and proceeded to our hotel CherryLoft which was in Little India on the side of Rangoon Road. As our check-in time was at noon, we completed the booking formalities and kept our luggage safely in the locker room there. The hotel had a nice view from outside. The front office personnel were courteous and helpful.



We then just walked beside Rangoon Road towards Mustafa Shopping Mall, one of the giant malls but economic comparing to other shops in Singapore, needless to say the most expensive Asian country. We spent some hours there busy with some primary shopping and on our return way we had our lunch from Hotel Riverwalk Tandoor, an Indian restaurant. The food was nice and as the name hints tasty tandoory chicken was the highlight of the buffet lunch.



After checking in Cherry Loft, we had a swift rest time. In the evening there was Night Safari. We had arranged travel assistance from United Travels. Their eight-seater coach came at 6.00 pm to pick up us from the hotel.



Since it was a public holiday there was large crowd for the Night Safari. We had to wait in the queue for some time in order to catch a tram for us. There was an open air stage program going on at that time and many of the gatherings enjoyed the same as well. It was sun set in the jungles and was getting dark. People from different countries keeping the queue continued speaking and sometimes chilling out in their own languages. We were in the look out of our turn to the vehicle from the queue. Finally it came.



It took almost one hour to complete the safari. We could see lions, tigers, giraffe, buffalos, bears, birds, swans, cranes and large number of stags and deers near by, some of them were standing under the spot light, as if posing for a snap! It was a nice experience and we felt rejuvenated from the overnight travel fatigue. We saw travelers wandering in the jungle alone and some with family when we moved around in the tram.





After the night journey we came back to the station which was the starting point of safari. There were numerous shops selling key chains, Sherlion emblems and lots of curious items. There were studio settings to take photographs in jungle background, with animals (pictures/statutes), wild creatures, etc.





The open air theatre performance was at its peak at that time. We saw a Caribbean program for a while. The calypso music was in full swing and two performers were stepping into their feet and flaming fire from their mouth using spirit which they kept in the mouth.



After the safari we returned to the hotel. We had supper from Riverwalk. Next day morning we started our visit to Jurong Bird Park at 9.00 am. The roads were superb and very clean.We passed many long tunnels on the way to Jurong which was nice to see.



The bird park was awesome, spacious and beautifully located. There were plenty of rare varieties of birds which were well maintained in natural surroundings. The atmosphere was calm and peaceful. The sky was cloudy but the rain was hesitant.



We then proceeded for the Eagle show. It was stunning to watch large kites and eagles flying from various parts of the jungle to the hands of the instructor on a clap by him.





The huge owls and vultures landed on the forehand of the instructor and even visitors who wished to gain the rare experience.



We then had the birds’ show in another open venue which was very beautiful and attracted more gatherings. Amongst the others, the highlight of the show was heart winning performance of a parrot named Princy, who could speak, welcome, imitate human laugh and sing the Singapore national song ‘Singapura…’!



(Continued in next blog: Sentosa, Universal Studio)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb