Swinging by Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
July 28th 2009
Published: July 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had to fly into Singapore from Bali as we needed to catch our connecting flight to Melbourne. It seems Singapore and KL are the transport hubs of South East Asia and we will be back in here again during our trip.

Now it would be silly and well..... boring to write a blog EVERY time we passed through Singapore but decided on this occasion we would share just a few exciting details with you... and of course a few pictures!

We have tried a few different guesthouses in Singapore and this time we booked a place called the Axis hostel. Michelle had emailed the owner and confirmed everything from Bali so we were relieved when we arrived in the evening that we had somewhere to stay. From the airport we jumped on the super efficient MRT to our stop and headed onto the guesthouse (which took us an age to find).

We were buzzed in and made our way upstairs to reception, which was a lounge that had been turned into a warzone with laundry. This sent alarm bells ringing and after introducing ourselves to the cleaner we asked if we could see the room before checking in. She thought we had called her mother something very rude... at least that what it seemed like. She went absolutely bananas!!

'NO YOU CANNOT SEE ROOM' ... 'YOU TAKE ROOM OR GO... YOU BOOK ROOM YOU ARE LUCKY' .... 'YOU HAVE GOOD RATE YOU ARE LUCKY NOW CHECK IN OR GO' .... this woman was crazy. We simply wanted to check the room as the lounge was a hole and maybe .. just maybe the room would not be much better. We had enough abuse and left. The woman carried on shouting at us as we walked down the stairs and sent one of her maids to make sure we closed door behind us!!

The rest of the day was spent trying to secure some budget accommodation, which in Singapore is not easy. Eventually at 10pm we checked into a lovely place called 'One Florence close' which had clean rooms with comfy beds and much to Michelle's delight some Persian cats! (see pics). The grey cat slept on our bed until the early hours of the morning, enjoying the air conditioning and constant petting by Michelle.

We have also included some pics we took of North and South Indian Thalis we ate in Little India. These delightful dishes were a mix of spices, dips, breads, rice, and sauces all on one plate for a very cheap price - hope you like the before and after shots!!

So.... that's it for this blog. We stayed in Singapore for 3 nights before we headed off to Melbourne and will be back again soon!

See you in Oz!!

Lee and Michelle




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb