Leaving Asia....


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
December 6th 2008
Published: December 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Alas, today i leave Asia, my home for the past 3 months.....

On a plane i shall fly, to the shores of Indonesia (Bali to be precise) where i will be spending the next 5 weeks....

So - here's a brief update of what i've been doing since my last post (which was from Phnom Penn)....

Hung out in Phnom penn for about 8 days....it was good but intense - too many people, too much hussle and commotion....so after that i went to Siem Riep (supposedly the 'arts capital' of S.E asia) so spent maybe 8 days there, mainly drinking coffee, and walking around....oh - also spent 3 days visiting the 'temples of Angkor Wat' (i think its the biggest religious site in the world?)...anyway, it takes 3 days to walk round the main temples. It was very amazing...its where Indiana Jones and Tomb raider were filmed - so that should give u an idea of the scenery....On the last morning i got up at 4am to cycle to Angkor Wat (the main main temple) to watch the sunrise, which was pretty incredible....

So...after that i flew to Kuala Lumpar (Malaysia)....where i spent another 8/9 nights i think...

KL was a very very cool city. I was hanging out with a friend and her friends who live just outside of the city, so it was real good to be chilling with just locals (hanging out with westerners gets boring!). And it was real sweet because all the people i was chilling with wanted to show me around etc....I also got to get drunk for free loads of times (the people i was staying with seem to know most of the bar/club owners in KL)...i even got to go to a fashion party, where i drunk free hennessy and mingled with malaysian celebs.....

and then 2 days ago i got the bus (one where the seat gives you a massage!) to Singapore, arriving in the evening and then spent yesterday walking around....i think i prefer KL to singapore....anyway, in an hour i'm making my way to the airport to fly to Bali....

Both KL and singapore are real expensive (the backpackers i stayed in last night was up to 15 singapore dollors for a pint - about 7 GBP!!!) so cant wait to get back to cheap beer in Bali.

Oh, i bought a new digital SLR camera - have uploaded some pics onto facebook (under the album 'new camera test pics')....

anyways, cant really remember what else i've been doing. But i've been having fun.

Its sad to leave asia, but im excited about started the next part of my trip....thats one of the things that i've found about travelling so far, its always sad to say goodbye to friends who you have made, but at the same time its exciting because your back to being alone and you never know whats going to happen next - who you are going to meet and the experiences you are going to live.

Hope everyone/everything is ok back at home, and hope you are all taking good care of yourselves.

Until Bali,

So long, Sucka's...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb