Day 2 in Sinapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
March 31st 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's day 2 in Singapore and it is hot. I like it warm but...

I arrived yesterday and headed straight to the hostel to dump my bag (I think I may have brought too much stuff!). It was 3 hours before I was able to get into my room so I went straight out again and made my way down to Clarke Quay, a place pretty much like Cardiff Bay. I'd heard that a trip on a bumboat was quite a good way to see some of Sinapore so I jumped on one. The recorded tour was a bit weird and kept playing really anthemic music following it telling us about a nearby sight.

Just before the tour came to an end a thunderstorm hit so I decided to head back towards the hostel, stopping off in the centre of Little India for a bite to eat. A bite turned into a bit of a banquet - I had a vegetarian set meal and troughed it all off a banana leaf. It was awesome.

After a little kip, I went back into Little India to have a look around at the place at night. Sunday night is when
A buildingA buildingA building

This is quite an important building I think. Can't remember what it is now though. Something to do with the Government maybe?
the Indian community all come out and socialise. I say community, it actually seems to be just the men. There were people everywhere.

Anyway, whilst I was out, Del text me to say that she had arrived in Singapore and was on her way to the hostel. By the time I got back, she was there. It was really great to see her, if a bit brief - she was up and out by about 6 this morning.

I've just moved to a different hostel for tonight. It's in a much better location.

Not sure what I'm doing today so I'm going to go and decide.

Laters


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Jumping boy statueJumping boy statue
Jumping boy statue

The skipper of the boat insisted that we all took a picture of this and wouldn't move on until we had.
Symbol of SingaporeSymbol of Singapore
Symbol of Singapore

It's a kind of lion/sea serpant hybrid
The EsplandeThe Esplande
The Esplande

A big theatre, a bit like the WMC.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb