Singapore Science Centre


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Jurong West
June 30th 2015
Published: September 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

I came back from Singapore after one week of being there. It was a great trip and experience of getting something new. There a lot of interesting things to do and very good people. I would like to tell you about such thing, the Singapore Science Center. The Singapore Science Centre is a renowned scientific institution located in Jurong East, Singapore. It specializes in promoting both scientific and technological education to the general public.

Today, Singapore Science Centre has been renamed to Science Centre Singapore and has seen over a million visitors come to experience the scientific feel in the exhibitions laid out every year. Over 850 exhibits are spread out in over eight exhibition galleries for visitors to enjoy viewing and learn different aspects of science and technology.

Why visit the Singapore Science Centre?

Whether you are visiting or you live in Singapore, make it a must to visit this place as it has outstanding features for all ages. These features include:


• The Centre brings out the wonders of science, technology, mathematics and engineering all brought together through the unique blends of planned events, exhibitions and educational programs that run in the Centre.
• This Centre holds the largest collection of educational materials for all ages all devoted to Science in the whole of Singapore.
• All types of visitors are welcome to visit the Science Centre whether you are a family in search of fun activities together, or schools that wish to come for educational trips, or teachers planning a school excursion to enlighten them on different science aspects, or tourists touring Singapore – everyone finds something interesting to take home with them.
• The galleries are very interactive with most providing hands-on experience to the visitors. It is wise to select a few exhibitions that you are really interested in and learn from them. Singapore Science Centre is a place to visit often to learn new things from different aspects. The mid-year and end of the year exhibitions are always filled with loads of fun making learning fun and easy.
• It’s a great place for children as their minds gets to develop a love for science, mathematics, engineering and technology at an early age making them grow up with enough knowledge and galleries where they can always consult or gather new knowledge. The next Einstein’s and Newton’s of the 21st Century are made here in Singapore.



Some of the most popular exhibitions


• Earth – Travel to the centre of the earth through a small crack on the surface and learn the different layers that form the earth and why earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis happen.
• Eco-garden – It showcases variety of plants growing naturally with no special care. There are animals found there too. Setting it as a suitable ground for ecological studies.
• Water works – Learn about some of the intriguing facts about water and its importance in our lives. Come ready to get wet as you explore water works hands on exhibits.
• Invent – Allows you to explore why you are driven to invent and how you can make use of your innate characteristics like perseverance and curiosity. This exhibition has four exciting themes – inventions everywhere, tinker, investors spotlight and reflect.



These are only few of the many exciting fun events you get to attend and learn from. Come visit the Singapore Science Centre!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb