Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Geylang
March 6th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Enjoyed Singapore but ready to move on. Our first hostel was lovely, very Singaporeish and modern but too expensive! So we've moved somewhere more basic but it's conveniently located in the red light district. But Singapore being Singapore it's still incredibly safe and clean and not as bad as people made it out to be.

We've done all the touristy things, explored Chinatown, Orchard Road and Little India. There's so much shopping here, if I had any money it would be fatal! Began to 'get' Singapore a bit today, not really understood why people would want to live here but there's something nice about it, it is very perfect and so are the people - personally I prefer Africa with it's quirky little characteristics. Yesterday we went up the cable car up the mountain here and into the 'forest', well it was more like a little hill with some neatly arranged trees with perfectly mapped paths running through it!

Today we went to the Botanical Gardens, which were beautiful especially when it got slightly cooler in the evenings. We had dinner there, food here is a challenge and exhausting. There is so much cheap food (it's cheaper to eat out than to buy in the supermarket as we found out today) but we're so clueless to what everything is it makes it a challenge. Unfortunately due to allergies we can't just eat whatever looks funniest! Yesterday evening we went to a touristy bar which was great just to have some fish and veg.

(This keyboard is a nightmare it keeps changing to Chinese symbols!)

We got our visas for China which was great and just need to try and get hold of Vietnam visas in Kuala Lumpur. Leaving early for KL tomorrow and been very lucky to have a nice hotel booked. Be interested to see what Malaysia's like and to plan the next 3 weeks that we're here for, I'm hoping for some perfect beaches and diving!!

Advertisement



6th March 2009

Aptly named...
I honestly had to stop reading and catch my breath after cracking up at 'red light district' =P I think you've made me laugh with almost every entry now, well done! Hopefully you're enjoying it way more than I am =] heh (though reading this is a nice distraction from the mountain of work I'm not doing =D )

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb