Let it rain!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
December 6th 2012
Published: December 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tears in BruneiTears in BruneiTears in Brunei

Memories of back home!
We were sad to leave Joe and Gemma in Brunei and the weather showed it's sadness to with a fabulous rainstorm just as we were leaving. Despite a change to an earlier flight from Singapore we still had 6 hours to wait so we negotiated the MRT into the city from the airport.....just about! After queuing for a ticket at the ticket office (first mistake) were were then informed we had to get a ticket from a machine. With this done (thanks to a very patient assistant) we went through the barrier looking for the train line and finding none (second mistake) walked out of the barrier at the other end thus cancelling our tickets. It appears the track is behind glass doors we took for advertising hoardings!

The 35 min journey was good although on reaching the city the rain and associated thunder storm caught up with us again. And how! The photos do not do justice to the deluge and our idea of sometime to eat at the Fullerton was abandoned so we simply returned to the airport. An afternoon of beer and watching cricket from India more than compensated.

And so for New Zealand........ Watch this
MRT station platform.MRT station platform.MRT station platform.

Platform? I mean, where are the tracks?
space!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Paradise lost!!Paradise lost!!
Paradise lost!!

The Fullerton impossible to reach!


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb