New Zealand welcome


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
December 8th 2012
Published: December 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Christchurch airportChristchurch airportChristchurch airport

Just like Manchester!
Our arrival in New Zealand was marked by another storm though this one in temperatures more like Manchester. The locals are wondering where the summer is as it was 33 degrees a few days ago and now it is a chilly 9 degs. The flight was uneventful and we even got some sleep as we are much more relaxed now (and the alcohol probably helped). Checked into a motel which which was ok then I walked to find somewhere to eat and sort out the Maui mobile home....in the rain! Got soaked. At least it was not as bad as the typhoon in the Pillippines we have just heard about (we must have caught some of that in Brunei) or indeed the tornado Auckland! It just shows that we only live on this planet at it's concent.

So our new home. Excellent. Big enough for both of us, easy to drive and has everything we need. It was great to shop in a local mall and then put the shopping away straight from the shopping trolley. The scenery was breathtaking when we crossed the Southern Alps. There were so many occasions for the "I must have a picture of that.."
South IslandSouth IslandSouth Island

Brrrrr. It' a bit cold!
moments that it look us longer than anticipated. Poor Sue!

Arrived in Hokitika eventually to a first class camp site and we are now hooked up to power and water having worked out how the systems work. The site is right next to the ocean and we are settling down to a glass of wine after another beautiful sunset and a vist to a local " secret dell" to see glow worms.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Maui insideMaui inside
Maui inside

Room to chill!
Maui insideMaui inside
Maui inside

All mod-coms
Room with a viewRoom with a view
Room with a view

Not Brunei but not bad!
The Southern AlpsThe Southern Alps
The Southern Alps

Enroute to Arthur's Pass


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb