Day One-and-a-half


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
July 8th 2010
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

10.25pm: We're at Changi after a good flight from Perth in cattle class. No upgrade on the first leg and, we've just discovered, none on the second, either. Ah, well, on the long haul we'll just have to slum it in premium economy. Is that Aberdeen Angus class? On the first leg, we were in a middle row of four but there was no one in the seat to May's left. At first, I was pleased to see that an old granny was sitting directly in front of me...no chance of HER putting her seat back. Yeah, right. Just goes to show that looks can be deceptive. She would probably have mugged me as well, given half a chance. May and I both watched Animal Kingdom, I think the best Australian movie since Lantana. It's about Melbourne crims on both sides of the law. Having a quiet drink in the Qantas Club while sending this. May was in a panic a moment ago when the bar on this side of the lounge closed at 10.30. However, some subsequent super sleuthing from Sherlock McNab discovered the bar on the other side was still open. Or perhaps I just beat them to it. Signing off for now.
LATERS!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb