Five hours at Changi Airport Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
March 21st 2009
Published: March 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last december I got a chance to visit Changi Airport, Singapore. It was not my destination , actually I was flying to Melbourne through Singapore.. I was really excited to get there and some how I had a feeling that this journey is going to be an unforgettable experience for me. I was going Melbourne via Singapore. I flew to Singapore from Delhi airport. It was around 5:45pm when I reached above the singapore. Fortunately, I got a window seat in aircraft and when I looked down..Awh...it was awesome!! It started drizzling outside but sky was clear and islands and ships around Singapore were quite vivid to me. I was amazed to see the bright and twinkling lights of city, buldings and ships.All of them were making the scene quite magical. Soon I was at the Changi Airport, Singapore. My flight to Melbourne was from terminal 3. And I had to get there through an internal tram inside the airpot.
Until that I had no idea that Changi Airport is one of the best airports in the world. But anyone could guess it easily to have a single look of the airport. However, I took the tram and got down at
terminal 3terminal 3terminal 3

Changi Airport
terminal 3. As Christmas was near, Changi airport had been decorating like heaven.Changi airport is beautiful, majestic and elegant too. Its a shopping hub for shoppers. Savour some of the best cuisine in the world and enjoy the world's best duty-free shopping. With over 300 retail and F&B outlets in Changi Airport, this is definitely the ideal destination where you can shop and dine to your heart's content! Its always a great time to shop at changi airport with tempting offers and exclusive deals.. And if you are not a shopping freak, even after you can enjoy window-shopping, free movie theatres, sports theatres, massages, free internet service, elegant wash rooms and make-up rooms.
This airport is not all about only travelling, its an experience in itself. Its facilities offer a host of choices for the visitor to Changi Airport.
Whether you're a business traveller looking to print a couple of documents, or someone wanting to catch up on the latest movies, it's all here.
It's never a dull moment at Changi Airport! You can check out and participate in various ongoing events and promotions!

Changi Airport offers a wide variety of facilities and a blend of state-of-the-art amenities with the highest international service standards. Some are given below.



Children's Playground


Hair and Beauty Services

Information and Customer Service Counters

Hotel Airport baggage Counters

Hotel Airport Baggage Delivery Service

Lost and Found Counters

Medical Services / Pharmacies

Premium Services / Passenger Meeting Serivces

Convenience Stores / Supermarkets

Money Changers

Parents' Rooms

Postal and Telecommunications

Prayer Rooms

Singapore Visitors Centres / Free City Tours

Smoking Area

Special Needs


Can you Imagine nature is also there with Changi Airport. You can enjoy a wide range of nature trail there. One can be enchanted by various themed gardens ranging from tranquil indoor ponds to outdoor sunny gardens.
Recreation and relaxation go hand in hand at Changi Airport. People can enjoy a rejuvenating massage or chill by the poolside at swimming pool. Changi alos provides:-
* Napping Areas
*Shower, Fitness and Spa Services
*Music Bar Lounges
*Rest Areas
*Swimming Pool
*Transit Hotel
*Free Singapore Tour
As I had 5 hours at airport, I took the free singpore tour. I registered for a 2-hour sightseeing tour of Singapore from which you can choose between Colonial Tour and Cultural Tour. Registration is based on first-come-first-serve basis and are subjected to entry visa requirements stipulated by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority. Certain conditions apply.It was awesome to see Singapore in rain...


News and Entertainment services are also being provided by the airport.
You can be spoiled for choice when deciding what to do at Changi Airport. Catch a movie, play xbox games or be entertained by cable TV unfolding on plasma and LCD screens News and Financial Information
*Entertainment Deck
*Explorer's Lounge
*Nexus Lounge
*Movie Theatre
I didnt realise when my time got over and I went back to terminal 3 to catch my flight to Melbourne. But next time I visited Changi Airport again and completed my incomplete experinces there. Still some have left which I would definetly like to fulfill in future.
For me its not an airport...its a lifetime experience.
So whenever you get there...feel the experience, just dont miss your flight... 😉







Advertisement



21st March 2009

U R Really Wonder!
You R doing miracles. How could U ? U R really Wonder, Romshi! Impossible! Tumhara Beda Gark! Manisha means Intelligence, but u r beyond. U R expected more, but more deeper... as an EXPLOSION. Visfot! Full of Life. Love for Death. Lust for Nothingness. Snowa Sainni from Manali KULLU India
23rd October 2009

Romshi.................Manisha
Hi...Romshi Manisha......I also been there at Changi. Its my fav airport. really beautiful and amazing............

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb