Last Day In Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
August 19th 2008
Published: August 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up really late yesterday due to being thoroughly knackered from our long day at the zoo. We headed to the bit that sells bus tickets to book tickets to go to Melaka on Wednesday! Mission completed, we headed back towards home and stopped by a place for lunch that has had massive queues of locals when we were going the other way. We were a bit scared as there was no English, and we ordered something called 'clay pot chicken'. It was a very very cool dish and the waitress + random local helped us out with how you're meant to eat it. We ate the whole thing with with chopsticks, check us!

In the evening we popped into the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling at the outrageous price of $22 (about 8 quid!) Was nice though, and I feel we ate sufficient amounts of free peanuts to make up for it.

Then we proceeded to the Singapore Flyer, which was open this time. No queues, straight on (expensive again tho at $30 each). It afforded fantastic views of the city at night and came with a handy circular map so you could tell what you were looking at. Worth doing, I would say.

Then we headed back via the 'Gluttons' Food Market to eat all kind of tasties (satay sticks, banana fritters, noodle soup).

We had a very nice stay indeed in Singapore but I think we were ready to move on. Now we are in Melaka (Malaysia, West Coast, 4 hours up from Singapore) where things are much cheaper! Will update soon and hopefully upload photos.

Love to everyone!
Becky, xxx

P.S. If any of my friends are reading this, would you mind subscribing so I know who is reading?? AYou don't need to sign up to the website or anything, just click 'subscribe' and give it your name and e-mail address. Thanks!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Singapore on fireSingapore on fire
Singapore on fire

Hadn't really worked out the camera at this point


21st August 2008

Great being able to keep up with you
Hi Becky and Mike Singapore sounded fantastic. Well done with the reaseach which seems to have paid off. Off to find Malaka on the map! Want to see more photos of the new hair style.
21st August 2008

Singapore sounds fantastic!
Hi Beck, love reading your blog! The zoo sounded amazing - really glad you're having such a good time. It's really nice seeing the photos. I'm going to Granny's on Saturday so probably won't be able to catch up with you for a week but look forward to hearing all about Malaysia :) Lots of love, Cats and Ali x

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb