ZOO overload!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
April 22nd 2008
Published: April 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

After Indonesia, we had a quick 2 day pit stop in KL where we met up with Dzae again. Were greeted by the family with a MASSIVE BBQ which was lush...salad with feta and roasted vegetables...first time in 3 months! We also had speciality beer chicken where the chicken was cooked with beer stuck up it's arse!! Did a massive load of laundry (you wouldn't believe how much our damp clothes and bags smelt!!). Dzae also took us our for the clubbing scene in KL-it was mental and many Margaritas later we were home playing with Gilbert the Gecko!

Caught a 'Nice' coach down to Singapore-and they were indeed nice! Really wide seats which were fully reclinable and with a TV in the seat in front. The choices of film were Aladdin (Meme's option) or Seoul Raiders (My choice!). After reaching the hostel we went for a bit of a shop in the afternoon and hit the sack early, ready for our mammoth Zoo day!

Decided to go to the day Zoo and the Night Safari- almost 12 hours of zooaction! The animals were amazing- from Polar Bears to Capybaras, snakes and rhinos! All set in a tropical rainforest-took ages to see everything- and we made sure we got our moneys worth......got a kiss from the Californian sea lion after the 'Splash' show. I got picked to play frisbee with the sea lion and was pretty good compared to the other guy who did it!!

Finished the Zoo as it got dark and headed across to the Night Safari. 'Creatures of the night' was a show where all the nocturnal creatures came out and were given the low down on them- there was one naughty Owl who got stage fright and didn't want to come down!! The shows (for those of the Bourne related clan) were very much like the ones we saw in Sea World Florida! Sat on a tram and went around the safari park- saw Malaysian Tigers, buffalo, rhino, Capybaras .........

Last day in Singapore today and booked ourselves into the Toni and Guy Academy where two students played around with our hair for 3 quid got really nice haircuts!

Sydney here we come...............

Love

Bridge (and Meme)

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb