Helping Out


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
November 2nd 2009
Published: November 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Unbelievable floodUnbelievable floodUnbelievable flood

See the big letters S & M at the building behind? When there was the flood, the only part seen in this photo is the letters S & M.
The Philippines is commonly visited by typhoons - 24 in a year on an average. But with the climate change, it has been very difficult for many of our country men since the typhoons carried lots of rainwater. Causing floods, landslides and even death.

With friends and supporters, our small group trooped to Asingan, Pangasinan which has been flooded by at least 8 feet of water when typhoon Parma(Pepeng) hovered around the region for around 7 days. Many houses were submerged in water, with majority of them only a single floor. Residents then had to stay on top of the roof or transfer to other houses that are higher.

Afterward, when the water subsided, the crops and animals were destroyed if not dead. Places that were dry land now became swamp areas where the carabaos and other farm animals can stay.

We traveled all the way from Mandaluyong in Metro Manila to visit these place, give out food and relief goods.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Open air cookingOpen air cooking
Open air cooking

Three huge pots, or kawa, were used to cook soup.
GoodiesGoodies
Goodies

From Manila, we brought these goodies here to help around 180+ families.
Giving outGiving out
Giving out

As they were helped a bit, we felt good too. May you live well after the flood.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb