FEEL THE THRILL OF WAKEBOARDING


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
April 30th 2007
Published: April 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

after our trip in the heart of albay, Girlie informed us that we will be heading to visit the much-talked water sports complex in bicol and in the world, the Camarines Sur Water Sports Complex or CWC. whaaaat??? did i hear it right? CWC, c'mon....... but it's true. i said to myself, wow, cool dude.......

as we prepare for the trip, thrill rushed in my veins for it's my first time to visit the place and most of all, the wakeboarding. i've read about this stuff in newspapers and it really gives me a thrill by just reading it. what more if you experience it....

so, we go. from tabaco, albay we traveled to Camarines Sur. on our way, once again we passed the marvelous mayon volcano. looking at the mayon never failed to amaze me. it is so marvelous and so beautiful. seeing its almost perfect cone makes me sigh. what a wonderful creation of God!!!

it took us almost 3 hours from tabaco, albay to reach the water sports complex. CWC is located within the Provincial Capitol Complex of Pili. The complex is situated on a 6 hectare park and includes a state of the art watersports facility consisting of the only 6 point cable system in the worl with 11 obstacles, set against the beautiful backdrop of Mount Isarog, making the setting truly idyllic and picturesque. for information, there are no 6-cornered cable system in the world, only in the Philippines. The whole design of the complex is a show of technological architecture.

mindless of the scorching heat of the sun, we immediately inquired about the wakeboarding. i, together with edz and rochelle, without hesitation, paid the fee and choose our head gear and lifevest. we attended the brief orientation and an instructor taught us the manner on how to position ourselves in the board and how to handle the cable that will pull us while on the water. nice coach, it appears to be easy. i thought that as long as you have strong arms and firm grip, no problem at all in the execution. that's what i thought. it never crossed my mind that it will be difficult in maneuvering the board while on top of the water.

we queue in the platform, the starting point. since we are all beginners, we will doing the kneeboarding. we have no qualms at all. "ready" uttered by the operator, and zooooommmm.... off we go. rochelle go first, followed by edz and by me. yo yo yo what a feeling. i feel so high. first attempt, wow, perfect execution. great..... but as i reached the corner of the water complex and about to maneuver, splasshhh.... hahahaha.. i fall down in the water with my face first.... whoaaa, i'm wrong... its not really easy after all.

we kept on repeating the kneeboarding. its fun, really fun.... just focus on your board and your cable that pull you to avoid splashing down the water. relax while on top of the water and enjoy. as you are in the water, it give you a different high.....

so are you craving for good fun in the sun? Camarines Sur is one of the excellent places to be if you want endless warmth of the sunshine and superb view. and don't forget to try the wakeboarding at CWC, its one hell of experience. feel the thrill, you'll never regret it.....



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb