Fun At The Waterfalls


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Siquijor
May 23rd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

An afternoon quickly slips into evening. The families packed up their picnic baskets hours ago and the teenagers are slowing drifting home as well. Now only Jarrod and I are left at this perfect oasis of fresh green pools and staggered waterfalls carving a path through the smooth rock and mossy vegetation.

Ducking underwater and behind the rock wall there is a small cave hidden behind the upper falls. Rubbing shoulders with the grooved, wet rock we hid away peeking out through a basketball sized hole at the water tumbling down in front of us.

On the lower set of falls there is a slight cliff-hang where you can find shelter and solace behind a screen of white water. It’s a romantic place to pause… and kiss. The lower falls are also a perfect place to jump into the depths of green. Which we did over and over and over and over.

Fun at the Waterfalls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Looking Over the EdgeLooking Over the Edge
Looking Over the Edge

The water's about 12ft deep. The local kids had Jarrod climbing trees to jump out of for more hieght.
Cave FallsCave Falls
Cave Falls

You entered under the water on the left of the far rock and came out on the right side.


23rd May 2007

Wow! It is paradise falls!! The pictures are beautiful!
23rd May 2007

Gorgeous
Those waterfalls are stunning, the female in the pic is kinda cute too.
23rd May 2007

Get a little sun?
Carol you're so tanned it's ridiculous!
23rd May 2007

Hey Carol, im so jealous!! i want to be traveling with you guys!! i love getting your travel email.. then i get to pick where in the world i want to visit!! keep them coming! take care danielle
23rd May 2007

Honey you look really thin in that photo. I hope you are eating enough. My brother lost loads of weight when in Asia because he didnt like the food. The waterfall sounds romantic.
25th May 2007

Lovely Waterfalls !
Your waterfalls shots are simply breathtaking...I'm putting Siquijor on my list of must-visit places;>.......many thanks for sharing your lovely photos....Cheers !
25th May 2007

Tan=Ugly
the Philippines, as with most of asia, having a tan isn't ideal. They're after white skin and all the lotions (including deoderant) has skin whitening agents in them. You always want what you don't have!
6th May 2008

WOW
These exposures are amazing. Did u use slow shutter speed or just default?? Loved them!!
2nd April 2010

Palms in the Shadows
The photo "Palms in the Shadows" was the "welcome photo" when I logged in. It's so beautifully serene -- it's exactly where I want to be right now! Then I realize, it's in my home country! Wow!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb