Coron oh my Coron


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan
March 27th 2006
Published: April 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i have my own group that we call PexersLibotPinas Club............ we usually make travel plans during summer or whenever there's promo from PAL, cebupacific or whatever............... last summer me and some of my groupmates went to puerto princessa, palawan and pandan island/apo reef and this year it was coron, palawan.............. and once again i was amazed by how beautiful the philippines is......... the photos says it all right?


coron island is postcard perfect, another one of the most scenic places in my country.......... stunning vertical limestone cliffs dropping directly into the ocean in beautiful lagoons............ coron island is a protected area declared as a tourist zone and marine reserve by the philippine government..................it is recognized as an ancestral domain of the tagbanuas............ who are the tagbanuas? tagbanuas or "people from the inland area" are the main settlers on the island, one of the indigenous people of palawan............


the island is well known for its seven enchanting lakes but only 2 are known to all............. lakes are considered sacred cultural sites of the tagbanuas ..........the tagbanuas open the two lakes to the public, kayangan lake multi awarded as the cleanest lake in the philippines, and barracuda lake, open for divers and snorklers only......... there are lots of activities that you can do in coron like snorkelling, hiking, caving, diving, swimming and kayaking! kayaking was my favorite activity in coron, next to snorkelling..............


the island also have narrow pristine white beaches and twin lagoons......... so if you find yourself looking for a different place to go on vacation to and you're not willing to spend that much - then go to coron......it's not like boracay where there are lots of people and and you can party every night.... but you'll definitely enjoy it if you want a truly relaxing vacation with wonderful sights to see


it's true that technically i was travelling alone, but my online friends are so much fun to be with that saying i enjoyed my trip is an understatement............ the smiles plastered on our faces are proofs of how much we enjoyed each other's company and our trip....











for more coron photos click me


Advertisement



12th April 2006

=) i miss you all....

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb