BEAUTIFUL DUMAGUETE


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Negros Oriental » Dumaguete
April 8th 2016
Published: April 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Silliman UniversitySilliman UniversitySilliman University

The oldest American school in the Philippines
Dumaguete City is known for its friendly locals and home of retiring expats and foreigners from around the world. There’s no doubt about that. This thriving and lively city of Negros Oriental province is an epitome of peace and tranquility.



What I love about Dumaguete is the diversity of its people. Like Cebu, non-locals abound. There’s plenty of foreigners, expats and Muslims. According to an international survey, Dumaguete City ranked fifth in the world’s best places for retirees. That is why when you stroll around the city the presence of a foreigner becomes a common sight.



The city also offers a variety of delicacies including the famous mouth-watering Sansrival. You can also find several hotels and pension houses with its welcoming hosts of staff. The main mode of transportation is via tricyles. These cute three-wheeled vehicles are found all over the city. There are also multicabs and buses, usually servicing the remote provinces.



When you visit Dumaguete try to do jogging or simply take a brisk walk at the City Boulevard. This is one of my favorite places in the city. The view of the ocean waves is simply relaxing. There are plenty of couch along the boulevard where you can sit and relax as you enjoy the invigorating breeze. Right at the opposite road is the decade-old Silliman University – the oldest existing American school in the country. It was built during the American period. Silliman University is one of our biggest clients in Dumaguete that is why I always have plenty of time visiting this institution. Silliman is facing right in front of the sea and the boulevard and is very accessible. It is also the biggest and largest university in Dumaguete and is one of the best performing university in the Philippines.





The city of Dumaguete is very clean. The roads are wide and there is less traffic. Maybe bacause the city itself is considerably smaller compared to other cities. Their marketplace is very clean as well and the locals are well-disciplined. Road transport is easy and public vehicles are very accessible. Truly Dumaguete City is one of my favorite places in my bucket list.


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb