DIPOLOG CITY, ZAMBOANGA DEL NORTE


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Zamboanga
April 8th 2016
Published: April 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dipolog City is by far the most peaceful and most organized place I’ve ever visited. It is, along with Dapitan City, one of the component cities of Zamboanga del Norte province. Security wise, it is also the safest and most secured. The whole city is also very clean, with less traffic situation and friendly and trustworthy locals. These positive description is mainly attributed to the well-organized and rigid incumbency of their City Mayor. In fact, Mayor Evelyn Uy and the city itself, has been a constant recepient of many national recognitions for public administration.

It is impressive to see a public terminal as clean as Dipolog City Public Terminal. The city implements strict regulations about public sanitation. You won’t find any trash cans along the city streets, urging you to keep your trash by yourself. Spitting, peeing in the corner and throwing of garbage are sanctioned by monetary penalties. Drivers are generally honest and polite.



Like Dumaguete, the city also has a boulevard. The boulevard is impressively long – it is I think five times or more longer than Dumaguete boulevard. Many people flock in the boulevard to jog, walk or simply rest especially in the morning, twilight and night. Along the boulevard are several restaurants, shops, barbecue stands, basketball and badminton courts, zumba corner, fitness center and bazaars. In this place you will witness the most spectacular view of sunset pretty much like in Manila Bay.



You may also visit the city church, right beside the St. Vincent’s College and fronting the City Hall. You will be impressed by its exteriors and elaborate interior designs. In my one-week schedule in Dipolog City, I always see to it that I can attend holy masses held at 5 pm. Try to visit as well their Provincial Capitol, the City Plaza, the elite Dipolog Medical Center College, and most of all the City Market.





Wholesale, retail and merchandising stores are the most common form of business in the city. Several malls are also found including the Lee Plaza Mall and Dipolog City Mall. Prices of goods and commodities are remarkably lower. There are also hotels and lodging houses to suit your accomodation taste. Public transport includes provincial buses, tricycle, multicabs and motorcycles. There are no taxis in Dipolog City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb