Philippines October, November 2012 : part 1 : Manila


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
October 6th 2013
Published: October 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

As Maya has been assigned a 1 month NGO project true the company in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines, in September & October 2012, did we decided to do a bit of backpacking after her assignment. So we had finally 3 weeks to enjoy as much as possible of the Philippines. We eventually opted for Banaue and Palawan, simply to not overload ourselves.

Part 1 : Manila :

Manila is the capital city and the second largest city of the Philippines. It is one of the sixteen cities (along with the municipality of Pateros) that make up the National Capital Region called Metro Manila which has a population of 12 million.

The City of Manila is located on the eastern shore of Manila Bay and is bordered by the cities of Navotas and Caloocan to the north; Quezon City to the northeast; San Juan to the northeast; Mandaluyong to the east; Makati to the southeast, and Pasay to the south.

Manila has a total population of 1,652,171 according to the 2010 census and is the second most populous city in the Philippines, behind Quezon City. The populace inhabit an area of only 38.55 square kilometers (14.88 sq mi), making Manila the most densely populated city in the world.

Listed as a global city, Manila has its strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transport making it the historical, cultural, political, economic and educational center of the Philippines


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb