Cap de la Nau - Alicante - Spain - Summer 2012


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Jávea
August 21st 2012
Published: August 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Boundary between the Gulf of Valencia and Alicante, Cabo de La Nao is presented to the walker as the nearest mainland point to the island of Ibiza. Its lavish nature makes it a must. In fact, the Department of Environment has highlighted its plant micro-reserves. At the foot of the famous Cape May visit Cova dels Orguens, a natural cavity described by the naturalist Cavanilles late eighteenth century. Its beaches are also presented as suggestive refuges of the Mediterranean.

The lighthouse facing the bay from the Cap de Sant Antoni was the successor of other defensive structures that used the privileged position of the plateau. The hermits erected to insulate themselves from the worldly life and so in his honor, was built in the XIV century the chapel of San Antonio, which eventually gave its name to the landform. He was also taken their land by a watchtower built to defend against pirate raids, which resulted in building the current lighthouse. This viewpoint is undoubtedly one of the most privileged of the Valencian coast. There are two micro-reserves in the plant, a cliff in North and one in l'Illot of Mona, at the foot of the Cape

Granadella is a large natural area of 600 hectares. He has extensive coastline stretching from the nose of Roabit (south-west) to Granadella Creek (northeast) and an inner surface marked by gullies that lead to the end of his tour is the creek. From the natural point of view, what characterizes the place is its vast botanical wealth, with many endemic species (there is a plant micro-reserves), while among the wildlife highlights the important presence of birds of prey. It also saves a rich cultural heritage represented in the abundant evidence of traditional farm architecture.

Les Pesqueres meets on your viewpoint a little universe of toponymy created from fishing activities Xàbia men and the neighboring towns have developed in the vertical walls of cliffs, despite the obvious difficulties, easily visible from the lookout. On the rocks or over a fragile reed, men are placed for fishing, especially in the long dark winter nights.

The presence of the island and the small island Portitxol accompanying captivating view of the visitor who is coming to this viewpoint. The island, close to the coast, is almost opposite the Cala de la Barraca or Portitxol. The characteristics of this area make it the vegetation is of great botanical interest, as witnessed by the two existing plant micro-reserves in the Bay of Portitxol. To the south is the Cap Negre, impressive for its high limestone cliffs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb