Manila Planning


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
July 21st 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Getting to Manila

Well, it will be something like that!

Shopping Manila StyleShopping Manila StyleShopping Manila Style

Well, sort of Manila style. View from my hotel room. The SM Megamall in the background is now only the second biggest mall in Manila, and you are only looking at one half of it here. To its left is the Shangri-La Plaza, which appeared to be even less accessible to ordinary folk. Both of these are glitzy and clean and the air conditioning works. Behind them is a smaller, more down to earth market, with great little stalls and lots going on, but you get to sweat a bit as well.
My boss has been asked to deliver some training in the Philippines describing how we develop business cases for government, and he selected me to go with him. We are a team of three - Bob (the boss) Rebecca Adams and myself. Bob and I did a couple of post-graduate subjects together at ADFA (UNSW) and Rebecca and I were on the Project Managers Development Program together, so the team has a comfortable feel, so it should be a good trip.

We have spent the last week putting together our lecture and syndicate work pack for the week, and we will be heading out of Canberra tomorrow (22/7) morning, getting into Manilla around 1930 tomorrow night.

I had an email from Barb Stewart during the week - we met in South America last year - and she reminded me how exciting it was to climb Tungurahua, near Banos. So I have set a goal for this trip to get down to Taal, and walk up that. It will have to be on this Sunday, as I have already arranged a half day tour of Intramuros on the only other day that we are free.

PS - mea culpa
Pasig River TrafficPasig River TrafficPasig River Traffic

Barge and tug on the Pasig River near Intramuros.
to all of you who got an email saying I had arrived. Was showing a friend at work how Travelblog worked.

PPS - Route map of the trip - sort of. -->> http://www.travelblog.org/gmaps/map_1CD.html. It should appear as a graphic, but if it doesn't, you can copy this into a browser.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb