Jet Skiing

Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Lake Taal
April 25th 2006
Published: April 25th 2006EDIT THIS ENTRY

Michael and JustineMichael and JustineMichael and Justine

The kids had a great day riding the jet ski's
Yesterday we went jet skiing with Captain Rico Hermoso (aka Jimmy). Jimmy is a family friend and is building a private resort on the shore of Lake Taal - a lake within a volcano. We made an early start from Pasig and got a good run to our meeting point with Jimmy, the Petron station on the Southern Highway, it took about 45 minutes. The meeting time was 8.30pm and we were a bit early so Michael, Justine and I grabbed a cup of coffee from Starbucks, the coffee is much the same as Starbucks in Australia and so is the price. Still it's nice to have a good cup of coffee.
Jimmy arrived right on time and we followed him to his resort, probably about another 45 minutes, the builders were working on the main resort building however he had three Nipa huts complete with fridge and sink, the partially renovated house still had a working toilet. Jimmy has two jet ski's and after filling them with petrol Michael and Justine took the first turn. They didn't have any trouble riding the ski and quickly settled in for the day of jet skiing. We took turns and Eleanor even had a go at the controls, I think I scored the top speed, 50 mph according to the speedo.
Lunch was served about 2 hours after we arrived, it was very good, fresh fish from the lake, barbequed pork (on sticks), pancit (noodles) , a chicken dish, rice, fresh fruits and a type of coconut pudding. The lady (and her daughter) who sold Jimmy the land joined us for lunch, she had spent time in the United States so had quite a lot of stories to share with Mummy, of course Mummy also had a lot of stories to tell in return.
After lunch it was more jet skiing and the banana boat was also brought out. It was a yellow raft shaped like a banana that was pulled behind the jet ski, I had a go and came off on one of the turns, lot's of fun though. At around 3pm we pulled up stumps and got ready for our return. It was a great day and Jimmy was a fantastic host.
On the way back to Pasig our driver Jess took the EPass lane at the toll rode exit, unfortunately the car doesn't have an EPass. After paying the toll his licence was confiscated and he was issued with a temporary licence that expires on Thursday. He will have to pay a fine in order to get back his licence. I think maybe he wasn't concentrating or thought that he could push into the cash lane. Jess has recently broken up with his girlfriend and some nights he looks for a Karioke bar so he can sing Complicated Heart.
This morning we saw Loni and Helga; they invited us to a party in Lucena tomorrow but we declined as it would mean another 3 hours on the road. Tonight Michael leaves, after we drop him off we will have dinner with Junee (Eleanor's cousin). After dinner we will probably listen to some live music.
Tomorrow I'll take a look aound the tourist area of Manila, Rizal Park etc , Eleanor and Justine don't want to go so I'll take the MRT and LRT. Thursday we visit Marianne and Maribel in Angeles City and the rest of our stay will be devoted to shopping. That's all, bye for now.

Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:jupiter w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb