Back in Manila


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
April 23rd 2006
Published: April 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

After updating the blog on Thurday we went back to Fort Ilocandia Resort (FIR) and relaxed; played some eight ball and went back into Laoag for dinner at Max's chicken. I stopped by a wine store before heading back to FIR and I was able to buy a bottle of Hardy's Cab Sav (an Aussie wine) for only 320 pesos (about $8), Eleanor and I enjoyed it later that night. Friday we stayed at the resort all day, Michael and Justine rented ATV's (All Terrain Vehicles) and rode them on the sand, I relaxed by the pool and read my book whilst Eleanor and Mummy made some new friends, one lady was from England and was holidaying with her daughter and daughter's boyfriend. Later in the day we played some more eight ball in the Sports Bar, enjoyed a few San Miguel Draft's (from the tap) and had dinner. Actually the Sports Bar was pretty good value, my meal of barbeque chicken, rice and salad was only 130 pesos (about $Au3.50) and the beers were 50 pesos per mug. Overall we enjoyed our stay at FIR a lot and thanks to Joey (Boy's brother) were able to get a really good rate on the rooms.
Saturday morning after the big buffet breakfast we were back on the road, the traffic was pretty light and we were able to reach Vigan in 1.5 hours. One of the reasons for stopping again in Vigan was to taste a local delicacy the empanada,a type of tortilla; it was very tasty and cheap - 25 pesos per serve. I now had a very full stomach so decided to walk to the Metrobank as we were starting to run out of pesos, I then walked back to the car and waited for Eleanor, Mummy and Justine to finish shopping. Once we were all back at the car we left for San Fabian stopping on the way to buy some garlic, terra cotta pots and to look at a beach resort in San Juan.
The traffic remained reasonably light and we were able to reach San Fabian at around 4.30pm, I changed straight into my board shorts and went for a swim whilst Mummy went to the market to buy dinner. After my swim I relaxed in the Nipa Hut in the yard and enjoyed a few beers, whilst there a lady approached the house looking for the caretaker - Mila. She was Mila's neice and was told that she could find her at our house. Mila had gone to the market so she waited in the Nipa Hut and talked to me for a while. Her name was Baby and she had three kids, she said her husband planted tomatos for a living. I got the impression that she came from a poor background however she seemed happy enough with what life had dished up to her.
This morning (Sunday) we left for Manila and after getting lost in Manaog we made good time arriving back in Pasig at 12.30pm. Tonight Marianne and Joseph are taking us out for dinner and tomorrow we go to Tagatay for jet skiing.
Peter, I've only been able to upload pictures from my camera as Eleanor didn't bring the cable for her camera.
Michael leaves on Tuesday night for Australia on QF20 and Ronald (Paras) will pick him up Wednesday morning. Ronald, he will go to the departures level after he get's his bags and call you on your mobile when he is there, that way it's easy for you to pick him up as it's difficult to stop in the arrivals section. That's all for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

A truck with a serious leanA truck with a serious lean
A truck with a serious lean

Too this from the car on the way back to Manila


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb