Manila and Cebu


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Cebu City
May 5th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cebu was quite a nice relaxing Christmas trip for me, but surprisingly the town was very quiet and there isn't much happenings around this city.

Cebu is a very religious town so a lot historical places to see like

Fort San Pedro, the most ancient bastion in the archipelago



Shangri-la was one of the nicest hotel with considerably enough beach space compare to the other resort, sadly they import their white sands from other region so it's not really natural. The food is also ridiculously expensive so best way is to save your pocket is to get out of your comfort zone and explore other restaurants in town.

I personally, I think 2 days in Cebu is enough for sight seeing around the local market, the churches and other places. You can literally spend half a day walking around markets and watching how people commute. The other place worth visit is the Cebu monuments. Some of the statues in the road are built to show the island's past history and battles fought for independence.

Alternatively, best way to get most of your holiday while in Cebu is to hop in a boat and go to Bohol to see the chocolate mountains. If you want to get a glimpse or taste of Philippine's natural beauty, best recommendation is to go to some of the most beautiful islands, like Palawan and Boracay, to start with.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb