Oh My, Boracay!


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
February 23rd 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, I knew this would be the hardest blog yet to write. After all, how can you detail the mind altering activities undertaken while living in paradise for 4 days? How can you emerge from the numbness and make it seem more real, uninflated?

There were the trials of having to work my abs while rolling over in the beach chair or the day we were told that there might be a cloud in the sky along with an apology for the weather and a big smile, with Philippine island accent, saying “I hope not mum. We’ll hope for no cloud.” Yes, Jessie had the stress of having to leave the beach to walk back (through paradise) to our room for her forgotten iPod. And Matt endured the pain of sunburn because I was too lazy to apply sunscreen for him (i.e., he was too lazy himself as well).

Wow, we haven’t relaxed that deeply since the days of camping at Pensacola - and even then we had to cook meals and set up camp. Enough said. This is simply the most decadent place we’ve ever traveled to and probably the place most likely to cause us to enter
The final flightThe final flightThe final flight

Flight time Manila-Caticlan: 25 minutes. Landing: Better be belted. Take-offs: Rev the engine full throttle and sling off the island - hold onto your hat! Short runway.
into a downward spiral of idleness leading to loss of drive for everything of meaning in life….. Ok, so that’s a bit extreme, but it really was a great vacation. We now know the address for paradise. It’s Barangay Yapak, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, Philippines - Shangri-La Resort. We’re already plotting how we can somehow return……

No cultural, interesting things to share. Just check out the photos and see if you agree.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Welcome aboardWelcome aboard
Welcome aboard

The final leg of our journey requires a 1/2 hr. speedboat ride to the resort.
Boracay shorlineBoracay shorline
Boracay shorline

Boracay is lined by a long, fine, white sand beach and it's surrounding waters are dotted with sailboats and small fishing boats.
Warm breezeWarm breeze
Warm breeze

The stress and gray skies of Shanghai fade away into the warm breeze.
Shangri-LaShangri-La
Shangri-La

Mountainside villas and rooms comprise the resort.
A spot for readingA spot for reading
A spot for reading

After a day of travel, we check-in in time to enjoy our room balcony...
SunsetSunset
Sunset

and see the sunset....
Beach buffetBeach buffet
Beach buffet

and enjoy a swim and buffet on the beach.
Room with a viewRoom with a view
Room with a view

And in the morning, this view beckons us out of the room to the beginning of 3 stress-free days.
Palm grovePalm grove
Palm grove

Just in case the beach and pools don't quite do it for you, there's a quiet hammock filled palm grove.
Beach frontBeach front
Beach front

But then, why stay in the palm grove when there's sand and warm water for our toes.
Our favorite poolOur favorite pool
Our favorite pool

If the beach isn't quite right, there's this warm, lovely lap pool. We spent so much time in here.
PonderingPondering
Pondering

Should I stay here, hit the beach, or go back and sleep and read on the beach???
Blue skiesBlue skies
Blue skies

Guess the beach is calling me....
Perfect endingPerfect ending
Perfect ending

Looking out off the balcony again.
The long beachThe long beach
The long beach

Crazy us - we leave our quiet retreat for an evening in "d'mall". A series of restaurants and shops on the long white beach. Fun place!
Beachfront diningBeachfront dining
Beachfront dining

One of the many beachfront cafes.
The Edwin Jr.The Edwin Jr.
The Edwin Jr.

Typical of the little fishing boats of Boracay.


23rd February 2010

Remove the picture.
Please remove the picture where the towel is conveniently the same shade of coffee as my shirt, therefore making me appear rather ROTUND. Your dear daughter.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb