Holloween in the Island


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings fellow travelbloggers....after a long absence in the scene, here is another entry of my family's recent vacation in the beautiful island of Boracay....

First things first though, we never thought that we will push through because of the typhoon last Saturday morning. When the heavens cleared up, we decided to head to the airport to have our ticket rebooked only to be surprised that the flight is a go.....good thing is that we've decided to bring our stuff in the car. After checking in, it was a long, painful and agonizing wait for our flight. Zeann became restless and has been running around the lounge until settling into my arms to have his siesta. Her sister on the other hand started to hear rumbles in her tummy...there I realize that it was 10 am when we last ate. And its already 3pm.

After5 delays, and 6 hours later, we were off to Kalibo, wherein a land transfer was pre-arranged by the airline from there to Caticlan. We've managed to hit Boracay at 9 pm where everything looks so damn good and tasty.

After settling in our hotel (we stayed at BAMBOO BEACH RESORT), we went for a stroll and found ourselves in front of GASTHOFF where we have probably the best dinner to date (No food since 10 am....!). We chomped down on baby back ribs, barbeque and sinigang, while Zeann munch on the sand...its his first time to see sand so he was very estatic.

After dinner, we went for a walk and saw several scary stuff. Guess the people in the island takes holloween seriously and will scare the shit out of the island's visitor.

The next day has been all swim and stroll for us. To name a few things we've done, we went to Jonahs for our fave Watermelon shake. We went to Bolabog and did the bugcar to Mt Luho. We went to our relative's farm in the bundocs where it is all native stuff...no bungalow, no electricity. Its just the oil lamp, and the stars and the bottle of whiskey and beer....and the grilled squid....and the chicken adobo....and the stuffed bangus.....believe me, the list goes on and on and on.......

To sum it up, we had a great time. My wife got her tanlines going again.....Thea have exhausted herself swimming......Zeann got a first hand experience on how sand taste.....literally. And me.....well, I'm cool and will always anticipate our next vacation to the Island. Til next time....


Additional photos below
Photos: 91, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb