Mount Kalugong


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Benguet
April 15th 2017
Published: April 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Looking for a quick day hike? Check out Mount Kalugong!
It's an easy hike, I promise! Difficulty level is 1/9.
It offers a breathtaking view of La Trinidad valley, rock formations and an Eco-park! It also has a newly built cafe!

The name "kalugong" came from a local word which means "hat". The name is coined from a boulder that resembles a hat at the edge of the mountain, this is seen in the eastern part of the valley.

How to get there?
From Baguio City, ride a jeepney bound for Tomay, Acop or Shilan.
Terminals are located at Dangwa Station, Centermall. Or in front of Baguio City Hall (City Hall Drive) between cafe by the ruins and Travelite Hotel Building.
Fare is 13Php per person (one-way)
Tell the driver that you are heading to Mt. Kalugong, so he can drop you off Barangay Cruz.

Arriving at Barangay Cruz, follow the main road and it will lead straight to the entrance of Mount Kalugong!
Entrance fee is 50Php per person.

Bring snacks and water. Wear clothes and shoes appropriate for rock climbing.
You can also bring food if you wish to have a picnic at the Eco-park, or try the cafe! They serve coffee, frappes, and cakes.

Remember to leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and be in the moment!
Mount Kalugong is really a beautiful place to unwind!





~Adventure awaits!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

SignageSignage
Signage

Coming from Baguio, this sign is seen at the left side of the road.
The road you need to follow.The road you need to follow.
The road you need to follow.

The road leading to the entrance is concrete so you can bring your car up.
Eco park swingsEco park swings
Eco park swings

There are swings, picnic tables and even a zip line at the eco-park!
Kape-an at Mount KalugongKape-an at Mount Kalugong
Kape-an at Mount Kalugong

"Kape-an" is a local word which means "a place to have coffee" (That is their Matcha Green Tea Frappe)


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb