Election Day in US


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

November 4, 2008 Tuesday (Election Day) Day 15



We won’t know anything about the election until tomorrow night or Thursday because of the time difference. It seems strange.

A small group of Germans and a large group of French stayed at the Golden Inn Guest House in Ghasa last night as well as us. Groups are never as sociable as individuals or couples, so we didn’t socialize much. We read our books and relaxed. It clouded up last evening and remains very cloudy and misty today.

After a fairly easy (on the dusty road) 5 hour trek and 1 hour lunch we arrived at the Musk Deer Valley Restaurant and Bar in Khobang. It’s a very attractive quiet house with lots of wood work, wood furniture, clean rooms, gabled windows. However no one is here but us and it’s chilly and cold.

The walk was interesting. I was through the lower Mustang district. It’s very dry and dusty - a harsh but beautiful landscape. Spectacular mountain peaks surround us, but are all hidden in clouds right now.

We had lunch on a roof top restaurant and talked to a couple from London, who are on their 30th or so day of trekking. They’ve already done the Annapurna circuit and a 10 day Mustang trek (they needed special permit and a large fee to enter the Upper Mustang area). They won’t return to London until July or August as they are visiting friends in Singapore and Hong Kong and traveling in South East Asia and Malaysia before going home.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb